Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Larsen Family Reunion

I absolutely LOVE my family. Our family reunion was a total hit. My parents were in charge of it this year. I helped my parents plan activities but they carried it all out and did a fantastic job. We had a variety show, a store for the kids to buy toys and some candy with their Lars Dollars, one day was spent at Alturas Lake, then we had a testimony meeting and lots of good food. One of the things I really liked was the dutch oven cook off and when we played steal the flag with glow sticks. It was pretty intense! The Larsen family is FULL of boys. So playing any kind of game with the Larsen family is intense. It was a blast though and I loved it. All three of my brothers played and they were amazing!




My nephew Ty found a hike that he feel in love with. He went up that hike probably 10 times. Now keep in mind, Ty is 4 years old!!! Getting to know my cousins kids was fun. There are a ton of new little kids in our family so remembering all of their names was tricky. My cousins Kara and Emma were especially fun to hang out with.




We stayed in cabins as families and our cabin had a few visitors - aka mice! Nice. But don't worry, they were caught and taken care of. The area we were in was gorgeous and the stars at night we awe inspiring. My family gets along amazingly well and there were no problems. I feel so blessed to have such a great family.


Arturo was a great sport and came up to my reunion. He couldn't come until Thursday, so he rode 6-7 hours in the car with my uncle who he had never met before. My Uncle Steve is a great guy and they had a good time together. They thing that was NOT funny was when they finally got to the reunion. I say my uncle's car pull up so I ran out of the lodge to see Arturo.


Well when I got out there, Arturo was not in the car. I asked my uncle about it and he said that he could not come. Yeah right! I know that they are both joksters. But then he told me a story that Arturo's grandma called and needed help so he had to go to Payson. Now that I believed. I was totally bummed! I walked back into the lodge and tried to take it all in. Then a few minutes later guess who walked in? Arturo! He had been in the back seat hiding under the luggage.




It was wonderful and I love my family.

1 comment:

Lauryl said...

What a goober! I would have been so mad if Tyler would have done something like that, then I probably would have laughed my head off for a while. Good one, Arturo.