Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Racing!!!



In Tooele at the Miller Motor Sports Park they have a deal where you get to do 5 go-cart laps for $5. It is on Wednesday evenings from 5-8. We got a group of us together and went last Wednesday. We got to the track at 7:45 and they said that we wouldn't be able to go because they already had a line and they wanted to be out of there by 8. Well Arturo doesn't give up that easily. He was very respectful but tenacious.



After talking to the manager, we were able to race. It was SOOOOOO much fun! Arturo and Joey (a friend of a friend) sped off really quick. So it was basically the girls who were racing by each other. Vany passed me on the 2nd lap and I couldn't believe it!!! I was not going to let her beat me. So my chance came when they guy waved the checkered flag. Vany got confused and thought it meant that we were supposed to stop. So she slowed down and what do you think I did? PASSED HER! I waved as I drove by and you should have seen how frustrated she was when we finished. It was all in good fun - Vany is pretty competitive.



We had a blast and we are probably going to go tomorrow too. :)

No comments: