Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Box

Alex, Michael, Megan and Logan. Logan is holding "The Box"

For whatever reason, my 1st period has decided that I live in a box outside of Wal-Mart. They have also decided that I ride my bike to school instead of driving a car. Somewhere along the line, we have added other parts to this great story - like that fact that I have a pet mouse named Stuart. Oh, and one other addition was that my first box burned down after I lite candles for light.

One day, my students got me completely of topic and I started telling them stories. Well, 35 minutes later I realized I was still telling them random stories, at which point I quickly ceased. But during those 35 minutes I told them a story about the time I acted like a dinosour, namely a T-Rex. One of my friends had a video of me biting one of my friends while acting like a T-Rex. I brought the video and showed my class. With that background, I present to you what my students did for me for my birthday.

Logan and Jayden made me a box for my birthday. On the front it had a picture of my bike and mouse, along with my address 123 Wal-Mart Way. On the top it says, "Miss Larsen's Sayings" and then it has, "May-Day" "Curses" "Blast" and "Negative" written on it. On one side it has a picture of a T-Rex with my face on his face. On the other side it has a picture of two hands and the saying, "Take Two" like you would do when filming a movie.

I thought it was SOOOO creative and personal. I loved it!!! Many of my classes sang Happy Birthday to me and I received gifts from a couple of students. At one point my students had asked me what my favorite drink was and what my favorite candy was. I told them that I liked Reeses, Strawberry Lemonade, and Red Creame Soda. Well, let's just say I received a lot of Strawberry Lemonade and Reeses. My students also wrote all over my board. It was incredible. I love my students!

My students wrote me little messages all over my board.

I might add that we didn't have school on my birthday, so this was all on the day BEFORE my birthday.


2 comments:

Kristine said...

The sayings for "Miss Larsen" were right on the money! I can just hear you saying "curses" and "blast." That made me laugh! Sounds like your students LOVE you, which doesn't surprise me one bit.

Unknown said...

Hey Mrs. Larsen. I just wanted to let you know that jayden never helped me do the box or the clapper. i made and bought both of them. just to let you know. so yeah whatever.