Thursday, March 27, 2008

What A Day!

Yesterday was quite the crazy day. Nothing too eventful happened until I got home from work. I am in a LDS Sorority that is through the Institute and last night was sorority. I was supposed to bring a dessert from a foreign country. Well, I loved fried bananas from Brazil so I thought I would try to make them. I found a recipe online and away I went. Well, the short version is that they didn't turn out and they were gross!

So now my dessert was no good, BUT I had one other thing I was supposed to take with me to sorority. It was my week to bring a scrapbook page about myself. Well I surely do not scrapbook so I decided to just take some pictures. I grabbed the pictures I wanted and out the door I went. As I was reaching in purse, I realized my keys were not there. What? Well, I will just call one of my roommates on my trusty cell phone and ask them to come home. But, as you guessed, my phone was also in the house!

I wasn't sure what to do. So I sat on our porch swing for a minute and decided to walk up the road to the house of a friend of mine. Mindy and two girls live upstairs and Wayne and Brian, some of our friends, live in the basement, so I figured I would catch someone home. Luckily Mindy was home so I used her phone to call me roommates. By the time I got home it was too late to go to sorority, so I decided to go work out.

When I got home, I wasn't feeling very good. I had eaten some salad about the same time I had tried to make the fried bananas and it was nasty. I think it was bad even though I just bought it. I thought I could sleep off my stomach ache, so I just went to sleep. Then it happened.

About 11:30 I woke up really sick. So I ran upstairs to the bathroom only to have my roommates and their dates, Wayne and Brian, all walk into the kitchen. They got to hear it all. They were all really great and I wasn't really imbarassed. I stayed up for a little bit and talked to them, then went to bed.

I got up a couple more times in the night to throw-up and the last time at 5:30, Lana sent me a text message asking me if I was okay and if she could get anything for me. She went to the store and got me some Sprite and crackers. Then she brought her huge garbage can downstairs for me to use incase I couldn't make it to the bathroom. Needless to say, I did not go to work.

Throughout the day I got increasingly better. I was really glad too because I had my first real interview today. I interviewed with Jordan School District. The interview went really well. I was excited because the gentleman interviewing me said that I was one of the best candidates they had seen and that I would have no problem getting a job! That is encouraging.

So all in all, my last 24 hours has turned out alright. But seriously, that was quite the eventful day!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm SORRY!!! I love those days! (sarcastic of course) I woke up this morning to our furnace blowing cold air for the third time this winter! Then I went in to the kids bathroom to close the door so Drew would go in...I was too late. Some of the kids bath toys were in the toilet! Later I went to use the bathroom downstairs... I lifted the lid only to see one of my socks and a handtowels soaking wet in the toilet. I figure Just as a knew Ty would be the first to the hospital with an injury... Drew will be the first to prompt a call to the plumber!!! Not yet... but I have already had to pull toys, towels, socks and garbage out of the toilet and cleaned pencil drawings from the inside!!! It is just a matter of time. Love you!

Oh and Mia can sympatize with you about the "day" She came to me an hour ago and told me "mom I've had a rough morning...First I was helping Ty with his track then I had to go to the bathroom... I almost forgot I can't use the purple bathroom so I wet my pants a little then there was no T.P. in your bathroom...(sigh)" I love what she thinks of as "rough"!

Lisa said...

Also...Did you use regular bananas? Two things I have noticed... because I loved fried platanos, black beans, and homemade tortillas for breakfast in Guatemala... #1 They do not use regular bananas they use more like the plantain and #2 the plantains I have found are not as good as the ones there...you have to buy them in advance so they are dark enough.. I have not mastered it yet... but I haven't tried that often either! Love you!

Kristine said...

Oh Christie, I was feeling for you after reading this story! It is so classic that your keys weren't in your purse and neither was your cell phone. (How did we ever survive without them??) I love that you calmly sat on the swing while thinking what to do. And that you decided to work out since Sorority night didn't happen. You are ambitious! Sorry that you were sick, but I'm glad you are feeling better. And I'm glad the interview went so well! I am really looking forward to hearing where you decide to work. Have a great week!