Sunday, February 8, 2009

If You Sing in Conference, They Will Come

I am in the Institute Choir presidency. Each semester we have around 30-40 people in choir. However, that ALL changed this semester. We are singing in the March CES fireside and then we are singing for the Saturday Afternoon session of General Conference. Well, well, well my friends, the masses have now appeared.

The first week of this semester, we had 130 people at choir. We thought that was a TON! On no, no, no. That was only the beginning. The last two weeks we have had 230 people. Clearly, we cannot have that many people. So Brother Keaton made attendance the deciding factor in whether of not you get to sing in the fireside and conference.

It has been amazing to me to see the enormous number of people that have shown up. It is exciting and I am glad to see that this many people want to be involved. However, I must admit that I am a little sad that I know there will never be this many people again - unless of course we sing in conference again.

I must also add that Julie Taylor and Jennifer Dutson are in choir with me and I am so glad. Look for the little section of people from Skyline when you watch conference this April.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

How fun! I had the chance to do that at USU, and it was awesome. But it's true, there were lots more people than usual coming to practice. Who wouldn't want to be that close to the prophet though! We'll look for you at conference!

Bekah and Lance said...

I will sure watch for you ladies! I remember seeing Kristine when she was in it.