Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My First Ticket!!! AHHHHHH!!!

Today is a very sad day in the life of Christie. I would ask that you would all join me now in a moment of silence. .................... So here is the story. This morning we had a bad snow storm hit. There was an accident on the 201 which is the road we usually take. So instead we took I-15. As the road comes into town it changes from 50 to 35. So I was slowing down as I was approaching the sign. When I got to the sign I think I was going 40. Right then I see a cop turn his lights on and pull out. I could not believe it!

On Thursday I was stopped by a cop because he had looked up my license plate number and it said that my car was not insured. Well, I showed him my insurance card and he accepted it. But then he told me that I needed to get a Utah drivers license or it would be a $1000 fine.

I changed car insurance companies YESTERDAY and I couldn't get a new license because it was a holiday. So when I got pulled over I was terrified that I was going to a $1000 fine plus get a fine for not having my new insurance card. Thankfully, he said nothing about either of the issues.

He pulled me over because he said I was speeding in a school zone. I was completely confused. I could see the flashing lights of the school zone ahead of me, so I was going to slow down when I got to them. But he said there was a sign before that and that I was in the school zone already. He wrote me down for going 25 in a 20 mph school zone, thankfully. I was going 38 but he was kind. He said there is a driving class that I can take that may take it off my record. I am totally bummed though. I am exceedingly sad that my perfect record has now been tainted. Sad day.

8 comments:

Lauryl said...

Bummer for tickets. Hate that.

Andrew | Susan | Grayer said...

Christie,
I came across your blog by looking at other people's blogs, I hope you don't mind:) So how the heck are you? Sorry about the ticket - that stinks but I think it is awesome that you have lasted this long without getting a ticket.
Reading your blog makes me miss our choir days at BYU-I we had tons of fun!! Well I hope things are going great for you! Feel free to visit our blog if you want ... andrewnsusan.blogspot.com
Susan Gilchrist

Tyson said...

haha, I can totally picture you in a state of panic and holding on to the steering wheel with arms straight and with both hands in 2 and 10 o'clock positions breathing deeply through your nose to calm yourself before the cop walked up to your window. Sorry about your record. I need to talk to you soon!!!

Sydney said...

Hey! I just found your blog through Stevie's. Not sure if you remember me? :) My maiden name was Mitchell...and i just got my very first ticket TOO this last year. It was in a school zone also, and I was completely unaware that summer break had even ended. :) Hope you're doing great!

Kristi said...

You are so funny! This made me smile.

Lynette said...

Hey! How are you? Oh man...lame. Seriously if it's Utah where you got a ticket, that's why you got one. They have nothing better to do here. Sorry about your perfect record!

Lynette said...

P.S. Your blog is way cute!

Kristine said...

I'm terrible for not commenting earlier! I've been thinking about you and wondering how school's going. I ran into your mom and she said you were home awhile ago. When are you coming next? I'd love to see you. Sorry about your ticket! No fun. Anyway, have a great week and hopefully i can talk to you soon!