Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's Already Over?


My first year of teaching was pretty much the best thing ever. I don't think it could have gone much better. I absolutely loved my students. They made me laugh every day and when I was extremely frustrated with a student or an entire class period, they would make me smile. The frustrating parts were few compared to all the wonderful things about teaching.


I feel really lucky to have chosen this as my profession. I love it and I feel like this is where I belong. I honestly cried when school ended. Thursday was my last day with my students and I cried a lot that night and also the next night. One of my students made a little book that I could have students sign. It was really fun to read what they wrote. Some of my students brough in gifts the last couple of days.



All of the gifts were very thoughtful and kind. Logan, my student who gave me a clapper for Christmas brought in the grass we had grown in class when we were talking about agriculture and overgrazing. It was really long since he hadn't cut it at all. It cracked me up that that is what he brough in - he has a pretty funny sense of humor. Sidenote - for those of my students who are reading this, just because I did not mention your gift or card by name does not mean it was not important to me, I loved them all. Logan's was just totally random.


I worry that next year will not be as fun or as wonderful as this year was. Could it get better then this year? I don't know. We will have to wait and see. Right now, I am enjoying my summer and loving the fact that I can sleep in. Oh yeah!!!


4 comments:

Megan said...

Hey Ms. Larsen!! I know i was one of your favs but that picture makes me look funny. you could have told me you were taking pictures. Just kidding!! you are my all time favorite teacher and i will miss you FOREVER!!

Thank you!!

-Megan (#3) Larsen

Haley said...

hey ms. larsen this is haley breeze! i probably was not one of you favs but o well! haha! but i will miss you soooooo much you were one of my al time favs! but of course i will come vist your class room with my friend.... (that i hope u get her! she is like my sis!) i wil miss u!

Haley said...

hey thanks ms. larsen! but my blog is very boring most of the time! and guess what.... I HAVE A JOB! i work at my moms dance studio! yay! i so happy and one of my best friends works with me! yay (once agin!)

Kesslee Huntington said...

now mrs larson i know i was your favorite! you were the best teacher ever. you made my 7th grade year and my first year of middle school the best i ever could of been. you were alwyas happy and having fun, and evene when you were struggling you always seemed to find the best of it. and u never let the odds keep u from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do and i admire that. lov ya (as a student) and.. srry i g2g