The City of West Jordan Chamber of Commerce gives out an award called Hero's in Eduction to teachers in the city. Students nominate teachers and then based on the comments written by the students, they select winners. The Chamber selected 10 winners this year and 4 of them were from my school. Another interesting thing is that 3 of the 4 teachers were history teachers. Now for the amazing part....one of which was me!
I couldn't believe it when they called my name as one of the winners. I received a certificate, a gift certificate and all the letters my students wrote. It was so neat to be able to read what they wrote about me and why they nominated me. It made my day to know that my students think so highly of me. :) As a teacher you are never really sure how much they are learning or if you have much of an impact. Reading their letters though helped me see that I have had an impact on them.
A lot of them said that I am able to explain things in a way that makes sense and stinks in their minds. Now this part isn't a huge surprise for a lot of you - but they said I am very enthusiastic and happy in class which makes it more fun. There were some other things they wrote, but I feel a little self conscious writing them on here. I just had to share because I was pretty excited. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Of course you won that award! Not a surprise to me at all. I can just picture you with a group of teenagers... madness 24/7. You know what I miss about you? Dancing. Good times. Anywho, I think you meant that what you teach "sticks" in their minds... you wrote that it "stinks" in their minds! Haha that made me laugh. Congratulations on the award!
I was going to say the same thing as Stacy about "stinks" in their mind. That made me laugh! :) But anyway, congratulations! That is such an honor, especially for your first year of teaching! You are amazing. It's so awesome that they love you because you are fun, but also because they are learning! That is the best of both worlds! I would love to read some of the other things they wrote about you. When are you coming to IF next?
Congrats! That's fabulous.
That is awesome, Christie! Congratulations!
Christie! that is insanely awesome and how fabulous to know that you've had an impact on your students--not that i'm a bit surprised.
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Congrats! You deserve it!!
Christie,
That is so cool!! Congratulations!!
congrats on the award. Oh yeah and I'm stalking you now. Please add me to your friends list. nprice7.1@gmail.com
Umm just making sure you're still there? We cut the phone call short and then I couldn't get ahold of you. Christie? Where are you? I figured I could get you to check your blog before I could get you to call me back :)
Post a Comment