Thursday, April 23, 2009

Introducing: Arturo Urquijo

Yes, that is right, he is smiling. Isn't he darling.

Me, just messing around while Arturo is talking to his mom.


This was us at Extravadance at BYU-I. I LOVE Extravadance!!! I was so glad

he was willing to go to it with me.

At the Tabernacle for a Orchestra on Temple Square concert.

Doesn't Arturo look great!?! Oh wait, that is my car. He he he....I bought a new car in January and I absolutely love it.


So, I must admit that as I wrote that title, I felt like I was a mother and I was making the first post of one of my kids. You know when someone has a baby, they say, "Introducing...." Well, that is how I felt. Well Shawri has been giving me hard time about wanting to see pictures of this mystical man that I am dating, so here you go.

I am dating a amazing young man by the name of Arturo Urquijo. So, if you are like me and wondered how on earth you say his last name, the best way I can tell you through written text is or-key-ho. Anyone want to make guesses where he is from? I know, his name totally sounds English. Drum roll please...............Colombia. How on earth did we met you may ask? Well my friends, that is a great question.

Tyson Smith lives in Salt Lake as well. So Arturo happened to be at Tyson's work and started talking to Tyson. He asked Tyson he if was LDS because he wanted to find a good ward to go to. Tyson isn't active any more, so he told him to call me. Arturo didn't really feel comfortable doing that, so he didn't - for 4 months. Then in August he sent me a text and the rest they say is history. We dated during the Fall and broke up the first week in December. We started dating again in the middle of February, and may I just say I am so glad we are given second chances!

I could go on forever telling you funny things that we have done together or things that I really like about him, but I will just tell you a few and then post some pictures. Oh, I also have to add that he thinks he looks goofy smiling in pictures, which is why he chooses instead to pull the model face on a lot of pictures.

So Arturo is very outgoing and makes everyone feel comfortable and important in an instant. He is quick to notice the needs of other people and anything that he has, he is willing to give to you. He is always sharing...no matter what it is and no matter how little left ther is. :) He is extremely whitty and has a great sense of humor. He loves to sing kareoke with me, which is great. Arturo also loves food and likes to cook. Dancing and good music are also some of his favorites, which I am pretty excited about! Over the last 6 months I have become really lazy with cooking and I will admit that I will have cereal for dinner. Well, he has done his best to make sure that I don't have cereal for dinner any more.

I will stop there, but I will include a few captions to explain the pictures. I hope you enjoy them. I sure do!

12 comments:

Kristine said...

Awwwwwwwwwww, you two are so cute together!!! I am so glad I got to talk to you! Arturo looks like an awesome guy. I can't wait to meet him. Sweet car!

Jaimie said...

Good job Christie! What a handsome guy! :)

♥ kimberly said...

Ow!Ow! He's cute! And sounds like such a great guy. I'm so happy for you! Call me next time you're in town and we'll get ice cream or lunch or something.

Bekah and Lance said...

Ooo lalala!! :) Cute guy! I had Lance pronounce his name for me and you did a great job writing it out phonetically! So what's he doing up here from Colombia? School? You two look like you have so much fun together!

anniejoneslarsen said...

It is about time Chica! Love the picture with him talking to his Mom! We need to double date, call us and we will get a babysitter!

Amber said...

He's a cutie! But not as cute as you! Way to pick the good ones!

wolfleyfamilyblog said...

YAY!! I got a little anxious so I found him on Facebook myself!! Hahahahahaha. I tried to call you while I was in YOUR big City last weekend butt munch! I might be coming back again this weekend for Devin's baby blessing, so I will give you a call! If you need me to bring my wedding dress.......let me know!!!!! :)

Lauryl said...

Nice to meet him, twice. :) Also way to go explaining how to say the last name. When are we going to play again?

Sheila said...

Well hello hello!! :D You sound so happy and what a cutie! The car I mean. ;)

Tyson said...

I still think I need a some kind of retribution lol. We still need to go out together sometime before I move!

Unknown said...

OMG MS. LARSEN! HE ACTUALLY SMILED!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!tell him that kassi says he should smile in pictures! smilein in pics is like......idk total brain cramp!:) anyways cute pics! love ya! <3/kassi

xxluvsfriendsxx said...

Hi Miss Larsen!!!! It's Kaity M. I will miss your class soooooo much!: (
i like your pictures and i see that kassi does too. okay well i have to go bye! love ya