
Last night I got to do something I have wanted to do for a while....go for a ride on a road bike. All of my roommates have bikes. Lana and Laura are especially big fans of road biking. I thought it would be fun to try, but figured I would probably have to rent a bike to ever try it. However, my roommates are wonderful and they let me borrow one.
Laura is getting married in 2 months and she wants to get in really good shape. We decided that both of us would work out every day for the next two months, except Sunday of course. So our workout last night was a bike ride. I rode Laura's bike and she rode Lindsay's. It was the craziest thing to be riding in the bike path, sportin' the spandex and everything - I am not going to lie, it was a little awkward at first.
We rode around Liberty Park a few times. Liberty Park is beautiful and then to make it even better, the weather was perfect last night. We rode about 7 miles last night. I thought it would take a lot longer to ride that far but it went by really fast. I love the fluid motion of a road bike! It looks as though you aren't working hard at all, but we all know the truth. However, the best was when I passed a car as we were going around the park. Oh yeah! I am a little speed demon.

It was awesome and I think I may have to look into getting a bike next summer. I would suggest it to anyone. And in the words of Queen, "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike..."




1 comment:
What?! No pictures of the spandex! Come on Christie!
Post a Comment