Heavenly Father is so kind, patient, thoughtful, loving and willing to help us. For some reason this morning I just kind of turned into an ogre and was extremely frustrated and annoyed with lots of little things. I was annoyed that I waste so much time every day. I was annoyed that I have not learned Spanish faster and that after 6 months in a Spanish ward I feel like I am still at ground zero. I was annoyed that I am not more motivated to run and get ready for my marathon. I was annoyed that I have not run as much as I need to. I was annoyed that Primary isn't going like I hoped. And to keep adding to the list, I was annoyed that I have gained a few pounds since getting married which is what I swore I would NEVER do!!!
Well, I realized that I was just getting more and more angry. And after writing a list in my journal of all the things I am frustrated with, I knew I had to do something to change my mood. So I grabbed the conference issue of the Ensign. I looked up "Patience" and found a talk by President Uchtdorf from the Priesthood Session. Within the first two pages the Lord had helped me find answers to all of the things I was frustrated with.
Here is a little from the talk. "From that experience, I learned that patience was far more than simply waiting for something to happen - patience required actively working toward worthwhile goals and not getting discouraged when results didn't appear instantly or without effort. ...Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all the we can - working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude even when the desires of our hearts are delayed."
With one talk Heavenly Father brought peace to my soul regarding a number of issues. Isn't the gospel amazing! I know that I need to be more actively involved and more consistent. To learn Spanish I must work on it a little each day. Each day I need to do something physically active to prepared for my marathon AND to lose those extra pounds that have come to visit. I know that patience helps us develop as people and that the Lord will always gives us the things we need when we need them.
Now my day is going much better and I have a renewed energy and hope for the future. I know that each of those goals requires time and effort but I know that Heavenly Father will continue to support me and bless me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
oh that is such a good talk! I've definitly been there! Thanks for the birthday wishes! I was impressed that you remembered!
Post a Comment