Clearly, I have not written in a very long time. It has almost been two months since I wrote. That is unacceptable. My life has not been that busy, I chalked it up to sheer laziness and possibly no real good stories. However, I feel that I must post something or people are going to cease looking at my block. So here goes!
This week I finished up with teaching for this school year. Today is my first day off and it is lovely. School gets out next Wednesday, so it is not like I left way before the school year ended. I left just in time - I didn't have collect textbooks and take inventory, nor did I have to collect fines for things like missing books. There are some really nice things about being a sub, such as not having to clean out my classroom and to inventory. Obviously I will not be so lucky next year.
We had "Greek Day" yesterday for the 7th Graders, so all of the 7th grade teachers dressed up. I looked quite ravishing in my toga with a laurel wreath in my hair. Now in reality, I was wearing Lana's top sheet with a 'belt' (aka: green material that had been parading as a belt on a pair of pants I bought.) I got to wear flip flops to work, which was crazy, but fun. If I can figure out how to take a picture from my phone and put it on here, I will.
The next big thing coming up is EFY. Might I just say how excited I am for EFY!!! There is an orientation line dance that the counselors do the first day,and I have been learning it. Thankfully my good friend Rob helped me learn it, because it is intense. While we were learning it, I had flashbacks of being in Molly's basement learning dances to Real McCoy songs in elementary school. "Oooo, boy, I love you so, never ever ever ever gonna let you go," - sixth grade baby...good times. But as far as the dance goes, it is long and quite involved but sooooo much fun. After I got home from Rob's house the night we learned it, my roommates made me do it for them. They loved it. They might even sneak up to the Institute and watch me do it one week.
I got to walk around the U of U campus the other day, and my, my, my, it is beautiful! I got to see a great view of the SLC and it was pretty impressive. I am doing EFY at the U, and I am excited for the chance to spend that much time on the campus and with the kids. Laura asked me if I think any of my students will be at EFY. It is completely possible that I could see one of my students at one of the sessions. Seeing one of them there would be crazy, but kind of fun. I suppose it all depends on which student it would be. : )
I have been rambling long enough. I am just going to add one more thing. On September 6th in Sandy, there is a sprint triathalon, and my roommates and I are going to do it. I figure if I post it on here, then I will have to follow through because everyone will see it and expect me to be doing it. So there you have it folks. Enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh happy day, there is a post!!! I have been waiting forever. :) I am glad that you had a good time subbing! What a pretty picture,l imagining Christie in a toga tied with a green tie. And I am very excited for you to do EFY. Still waiting on news about your new job though! Keep updating!
yay for a post! so fun about greek day. you can usually send a picture message from your phone to an email or get it through your provider's website. I'd love to see you in a toga!
Post a Comment